Motorcyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries after A11 crash
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist has been airlifted to hospital with serious injuries after a crash with a car.
Police were called to Fiveways roundabout, Barton Mills, Suffolk, near to the McDonalds at 4.11pm on Saturday, August 10.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance arrived on the scene at 4.29pm and took the rider to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
A Suffolk Police spokesman said that it is not known what injuries have been sustained but they are serious.
The roundabout and A11 has been closed in both directions because of the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists are experiencing delays of more than 30 minutes.
A spokesman from Highways England said: "For traffic approaching the closure locally, you are advised to expect disruption with extra journey time and may potentially have to re-route your journey.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 8 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks
"If travelling towards this area from much farther afield, you may wish to change your strategic route, allow extra travel time and follow guidance from our on-road variable message signs and media."
The road is expected to re-open very shortly, according to a Suffolk Police control room operator.