Motorcyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries after A11 crash
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist has been airlifted to hospital with serious injuries after a crash with a car.
Police were called to Fiveways roundabout, Barton Mills, Suffolk, near to the McDonalds at 4.11pm on Saturday, August 10.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance arrived on the scene at 4.29pm and took the rider to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
A Suffolk Police spokesman said that it is not known what injuries have been sustained but they are serious.
The roundabout and A11 has been closed in both directions because of the incident.
Motorists are experiencing delays of more than 30 minutes.
A spokesman from Highways England said: "For traffic approaching the closure locally, you are advised to expect disruption with extra journey time and may potentially have to re-route your journey.
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 3 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 4 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 5 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 6 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 10 Ambulance chief: 'I'm sorry.... things will get worse before they get better'
"If travelling towards this area from much farther afield, you may wish to change your strategic route, allow extra travel time and follow guidance from our on-road variable message signs and media."
The road is expected to re-open very shortly, according to a Suffolk Police control room operator.