A11 bypass to close for two weekends for bridge resurfacing improvements
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press ©2004
Part of the A11 into Norwich will be closed to traffic over two weekends for resurfacing work.
Roadworks on the River Yare bridge and Bluebell Road bridge on the Cringleford bypass are taking place on Sunday February 4 and Sunday February 11, weather dependant.
All traffic entering Norwich will not be able to use the bypass from 6am on Sunday February 4 until 6am the following day.
During the following weekend, resurfacing work will take place on the road used by traffic leaving the city.
The outbound carriageway will close to motorists from 7pm on Saturday February 10 until 6am on Monday February 12.
You may also want to watch:
Drivers can use a diversion via the A47 Southern Bypass, A140 Ipswich Road and Daniels Road while the £60,000 work is taking place.
A statement from Norfolk County Council said the authority has thanked people for their patience while the improvements are being done by contractors.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17