A11 crash near Barton Mills
One person was airlifted to hospital today (Friday) following a serious crash on the A11.
The accident happened on the southbound carriageway at Barton Mills at about 10.15am.
A Suffolk police spokesman said both carriageways had to be closed to allow the East Anglian Air Ambulance to land at the scene.
The force received reports of two casualties but their injuries were not thought to be life-threatening or life-changing.
The northbound carriageway was reopened once the patient was airlifted from the scene, followed by the southbound carriageway at about 2.30pm.
Two cars, a blue Ford Focus and a white Kia, were involved in the crash.
The ages of the patients are not known.
- 1 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 2 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 3 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 5 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 6 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 7 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 8 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 9 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 10 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof