‘Chaos’ on the roads as lorry crashes into central reservation on A11
- Credit: Ian Burt
The A11 near Wymondham was closed for five hours after a lorry crashed into the central reservation.
Norfolk police were called to the scene of a HGV crash on Wednesday morning at 5.15am, on the A11 northbound between the B1135 and the Thickthorn Interchange.
The closure caused 'chaos' on surrounding roads and was reopened at 10.33am.
A diversion was put into place via the B1172 but the temporary traffic lights at Hethersett and Colney Lane were stuck on red with long delays from Wymondham to Thickthorn.
Bus operators including Konectbus and First also experienced delays to services in Wymondham and Hethersett.
You may also want to watch:
People took to Twitter to complain of 'chaos' on the roads, with one person saying 'it's like Armageddon out there folks' and another saying it was 'absolute chaos'.
Nobody is believed to be have been injured in the accident.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 7 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 8 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 9 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 10 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker