Main road re-opens following two vehicle crash
- Credit: Archant
A main road through the region was closed to traffic for more than two hours after a crash between two vehicles late this morning.
At around 11.30am, a white Skoda and a silver Nissan X-Trail were involved in a crash on the A1075 at Shipdham, which saw one of the motorists suffer a cut to the head.
Emergency services attended the scene of the crash, which happened on the Watton-bound lane and the road was completely blocked as a result.
Police closed the road in both directions and have advised motorists to avoid the area and find alternative routes.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service also attended the scene, with crews from Dereham and Watton assisting police.
You may also want to watch:
The road re-opened shortly after 2pm.
For the latest travel updates visit our live traffic map.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 5 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 6 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 7 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 8 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 9 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 10 Gunn and Walton on City watch list as Nyland future remains unclear