Road closed for more than 12 hours after ‘substance’ spill
- Credit: Archant
A road was closed for more than 12 hours after a lorry shed its load.
Police said a 'substance' had spilled from the vehicle on a road near Thetford.
Emergency services were called to the A1066 near Southwood Lodge, Rushford, Thetford at about 2pm on Friday.
A police spokesman said yesterday that a "substance" had spilled on the road and urged people to avoid the area, with diversions put in place.
The road did not re-open until 4am on Saturday morning.
You may also want to watch:
But police warned drivers they could still face delays because of temporary traffic lights put in place close to Southwood Lodge.
Firefighters from Thetford, Carrow and Sprowston went to the scene and helped make it safe.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 8 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop