Child airlifted to hospital in ‘serious’ condition after crash closes A10
- Credit: Archant
A child has been airlifted to Addenbrooke's hospital in a serious condition after a crash which shut the A10 near the Wimbotsham junction.
Norfolk Police are appealing for witnesses to the crash which involved two cars and a van near Stow Bardolph.
A spokesman for the police said: 'We were called at 11am to reports of a serious road traffic collision near to the Wimbotsham turning.
'One person was taken to hospital with serious injuries, whilst three others suffered minor injuries.
A spokesman for the East of England ambulance service said: Two ambulances, two ambulance officer vehicles and East Anglian Air Ambulance were called to the A10 near Stow Bardolph around 11am this morning, following reports of a road traffic collision.
You may also want to watch:
'Four people were assessed at the scene, and a child was transported by air ambulance to Addenbrooke's hospital in a serious condition.'
The road was closed for around five hours but has been reopened.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: Norwich City Council LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 8 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 9 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich
Anyone who may have witnessed the collision, or the driving manner of any of the vehicles prior to the incident, should contact Swaffham Roads and Armed Policing Team on 101 or email email@example.com.
• You can keep up to date with all the latest travel news via our live traffic map.