A woman has been killed in a collision with a tractor on the A11
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
The Norwich-bound carriageway of the A11 at Wymondham is now reopen following a serious collision.
A Fiat van had collided with a tractor carrying a trailer shortly after 3.50pm on the Norwich-bound carriageway just before the turning for the B1135 at Wymondham.
The East of England Ambulance Service sent an ambulance officer and an ambulance crew to the scene and the fire service sent five crews, with two remaining at the scene.
The driver of the tractor escaped the collision shaken but uninjured, but the female driver of the van was confirmed deceased at the scene.
The road was closed for more than four hours while investigations were conducted into the circumstances of the crash.
Anyone with any information should contact the serious collision investigation team at Wymondham Police Investigation Centre on non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 2 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 3 Norfolk couple: 'We’ve lost £30k in cryptocurrency scam'
- 4 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 5 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 6 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 7 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 8 Boat users given fines over £16k for breaking rules on Norfolk Broads
- 9 A47 closed for several hours following crash in west Norfolk
- 10 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road