A woman has been killed in a collision with a tractor on the A11
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
The Norwich-bound carriageway of the A11 at Wymondham is now reopen following a serious collision.
A Fiat van had collided with a tractor carrying a trailer shortly after 3.50pm on the Norwich-bound carriageway just before the turning for the B1135 at Wymondham.
The East of England Ambulance Service sent an ambulance officer and an ambulance crew to the scene and the fire service sent five crews, with two remaining at the scene.
The driver of the tractor escaped the collision shaken but uninjured, but the female driver of the van was confirmed deceased at the scene.
The road was closed for more than four hours while investigations were conducted into the circumstances of the crash.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should contact the serious collision investigation team at Wymondham Police Investigation Centre on non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting