A healthy family is most important to the people of Norwich according to new survey
- Credit: PA
A well-made cup of tea, hugs and getting a kiss when you aren't expecting it, are among the things that really count in life for people from Norwich.
A survey of 2,000 people from the city by M&S Bank found that having a laugh, getting enough sleep, wanting some peace and quiet and having a pet were all important to the people of Norwich.
Alok Baluni, branch manager of M&S Bank Norwich said: 'The findings reveal that it's some of the little things in life, like being close to your family that count the most for people from Norwich.
'Over 75pc of people from Norwich said that the most important thing in their lives is having a healthy family, with being financially comfortable coming second; but it also seems that people from Norwich value a reliable car.'
Sixty-five per cent also said that memories are the most important thing to them. However, they said they didn't realise what is truly important in life until they were 19-years-old, 12 years younger than the national average of 31.
You may also want to watch:
Eight in 10 said it is important to maintain a positive outlook on life, and are more likely to befriend someone with an optimistic view on the world.
Alok added: 'In addition to looking at what people from Norwich value most in life, the research also looked at what people most want to achieve to make 2017 count, with spending more time with family, saving more money and going on holiday topping the list.'
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 5 Week's worth of fuel gone in hours at village filling station
- 6 Nine ways to make your fuel last and avoid joining petrol station queues
- 7 NASA rocket spotted over Norfolk
- 8 Why are there queues for petrol - and do you really need to fill up?
- 9 Fuel shortages are on those who panicked - don't just blame the media
- 10 Norfolk Broads' village in £150,000 bid to buy land at auction