A good reason to book a skip in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
A skip with a difference is hitting the streets of Great Yarmouth this week to celebrate World Book Day.
Great Yarmouth skip company WT Skip Hire has created a landscape on the side of a skip with characters from 20 pieces of children's literature.
The work was created by Norfolk artist Mik Richardson and customers booking a skip through the company may find it arrives on their drive.
TWT Skip Hire director Gary Thurtle says: 'World Book Day is an inspirational idea and really gets children engaged in literature at an early age. Mik's work is a joy to look at, and we thought it would be a great way to connect Mik's imagination with the imagination of local children.
'Once it is completed the skip will be put to work, so will be a mobile piece of art for people across Norfolk and Suffolk to marvel at.'
You may also want to watch:
The creation is the sixth between WT Skip Hire and Mik Richardson.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre