A double dose of Alan as Great Yarmouth tourism boss talks to comedian Alan Carr on BBC radio show
- Credit: Great Yarmouth Borough Council & Zak Hussein/PA Wire
Hello Alan, I am Alan.
There was witty banter when Great Yarmouth Borough Council's tourism boss, Alan Carr, chatted with his showbiz and comedy counterpart Alan Carr when he appeared on Radio 2's Alan & Mel's Summer Escape show to talk up the delights of Great Yarmouth.
Mr Carr faced a series of questions as part of a feature called Summer Seaside Survey when he was pitched against the Isle of Wight.
He painted a diverse picture of a fun destination with a rich maritime heritage with lots to do and see; he even had time to mention that Great Yarmouth introduced the fish finger to the world.
The show's producer, Malcolm Prince, said: 'Great Yarmouth's Alan Carr did a sterling job engaging in some witty banter with Alan and Mel.
You may also want to watch:
'We loved the prospect of Alan Carr meets Alan Carr; clearly they both loved Great Yarmouth – so expect a stream of people following their lead.'
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 9 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 10 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash