A Cut Above: Kayleigh chops off her hair for young cancer patients
- Credit: Kayleigh Ellen
Not every 19-year-old spends their weekend donating their hair to little boys and girls in need, but that's what Kayleigh Ellen spent her Saturday doing.
Miss Ellen lopped off 40cm of her hair in Sheringham to be donated to the Little Princess Trust, a charity which makes real hair wigs for children who have lost their hair through cancer or other medical treatments.
Kayleigh, a student at City College Norwich said: 'It feels a bit strange- I didn't really realise how light it would feel!'
Miss Ellen wanted to take the plunge after a string of people close to her were diagnosed with cancer.
She said: 'I wanted to this because I felt like I couldn't help them. This charity is nice because it's not the children's fault that they're going through this, and it's nice to be able to provide some stability for these children with everything else that's going on with them. This way they could feel a bit more normal because nobody has to see they've lost their hair if they don't want them to.'
You may also want to watch:
The acting student continued: 'When I was little I loved having long hair, and I just wanted to give them something.'
Kayleigh has raised £70 for the charity as well as donating her hair.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 4 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 5 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 6 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 7 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 8 Former factory site to become a new church
- 9 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 10 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
She added: 'I got my hair cut by Alyssa Waterson, who runs a mobile hairdressers and offered to do this for free because it was for a good cause.'
Kayleigh's hair will make part of a wig for one child, as the Little Princess Trust needs a full donation and a small amount more to create a single wig for their clients.
To contact Ms Waterson, call 07496298720.