A bugs life: Bug Hotel opens at City College
- Credit: City College Norwich
City College Norwich's Ipswich Road campus will be hoping to welcome a wide arrange of wildlife with the construction of a new bug hotel.
Groups of supported Learning Students have made the hotel which should attract a range of insects, bees, birds and hedgehogs.
The hotel is a multi-level wooden structure and is located within the college's pond garden area.
Students took part in a variety of tasks over the course of the project, with some foraging for wood and others drilling holes for bees.
Some of the students had the opportunity to show the completed bug hotel to Sheriff of Norwich Richard Marks, and the Sheriff's Lady, Maeve Marks, during a visit to the college. They were joined by representatives from the Friends of Norwich in Bloom, Norwich Norse Environmental and Norwich City Council.
You may also want to watch:
You can see the hotel at the Foundation Horticulture plant sale on May 17 and 18.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 6 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 7 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 8 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 9 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 10 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night