A birthday to forget - man celebrating his 28th has car seized by police in Great Yarmouth for driving without insurance
- Credit: Archant
A 28-year-old has had a birthday he will want to forget after being caught driving without insurance and a proper licence.
Officers from the roads policing unit stopped a red Volkswagen Golf at around 8.30pm on Thursday after it was spotted swerving on Admiralty Road in Great Yarmouth.
PC Steve Lee said the driver, who was celebrating his 28th birthday, only had a provisional licence, was driving without supervision and had no insurance.
He said: 'We stopped him, because he was swerving in the road. But he wasn't drunk, I think he was just a bit inexperienced.
'He was a little bit upset because I think it was all a bit too much for him.'
You may also want to watch:
PC Lee said the driver's car was seized and he was reported for having no insurance and driving otherwise than in accordance with his license.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 5 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 8 Farmers hope to unlock 'huge potential' of cannabis crops
- 9 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 10 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich