Building of 98 new energy-efficient family homes gets underway
- Credit: Archant
Work is underway to build 98 new energy-efficient family homes in Watton.
Abel Homes will be building a mixture of two-bedroom, three-bedroom and four-bedroom homes on the 12 acre site off Blenheim Way, just north of Norwich Road.
It has been given the name Hare's Green.
The new homes will all have the top 'A' rating for energy efficiency, including features such as photo-voltaic solar panels, underfloor heating, triple glazing and high levels of insulation, and will also feature fibre broadband direct to each home.
As part of the development, Abel Homes will create a public open space on the site, as well as a piece of public artwork.
You may also want to watch:
Paul LeGrice, managing director of Abel Homes, said: 'Our last site in the town, hus46, was a run-away success and is now an established and vibrant community.
'We look forward to replicating that success here at Watton Green, providing employment for local people in the process.'
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 3 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 4 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 5 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 6 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 7 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 8 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 9 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 10 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
The show home at Hare's Green is scheduled to open in August.