900 youngsters to take part in North Walsham minis rugby festival
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of youngsters will take part in North Walsham rugby club's minis festival, which is celebrating its 40th anniversary
More than 80 teams are booked to take part in the event, with players coming from all over Norfolk and neighbouring counties, and as far afield as Leicester.
Michael Mack, chairman of mini rugby at the club, said: 'Overall we should have over 900 kids, in the under 7s and the under 12s age categories, getting muddy on the day. It's all about having fun, but it's also a great community event. We are trying to encourage more kids into the game.'
Each club could book up to two teams into an age group, but they needed to have a named co-ordinator and coach.
The event runs from 9.30am to 3pm on Sunday, March 19, at North Walsham rugby club in Scottow Rd, Scottow.
You may also want to watch:
This event is full, but anyone interested in playing rugby should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 4 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 5 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 6 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 7 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 8 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 9 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 10 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries