Phil and Jill still going strong after 74 years together
- Credit: Kingsley Healthcare
A loving couple were treated to a Savoy-style afternoon tea as they celebrated their 74th wedding anniversary.
Phil and Jill Mason, aged 97 and 94 respectively, were delighted with the extravagant surprise on Friday, April 9.
The couple are both residents at The Depperhaugh in Hoxne, near Diss, just a few miles from the farm in Stowupland where they met and the village church were they said their vows in 1947.
Sarah Fox, manager at the care home, laid on elaborate plans for their big day, with a tasty menu served and staff transformed into smartly-dressed waiters.
Mr and Mrs Mason have a son and two daughters and, over the years have lived in Essex, Felixstowe and Halesworth.
You may also want to watch:
The couple, who moved into The Depperhaugh last month, are also proud to have eight grandchildren and 10 great grandchildren.
One of their daughters, Nicky Kelly, said: "They feel truly blessed to have had such a happy 74 years together."
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 8 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 9 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting