73-year-old woman caught speeding at 100mph on A47 had been track racing for her birthday
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2014
Drivers clocked on the A47 at 100mph by roads policing officers this weekend included a 73-year-old woman who had recently been track racing for her birthday.
Officers from the Norfolk and Suffolk Roads Policing Team also stopped a 20-year-old man travelling at 100mph on the A47, and subsequently had to call the ambulance service to administer oxygen as he suffered a panic attack.
Officers tweeted they had reported both drivers to court after dealing with them yesterday.
They said they had reported the 73-year-old after she was 'advised to keep those speeds for the track'.
The 20-year-old man was 'treated and sent on his way' after being reported for speeding.
You may also want to watch:
Another driver on the A47 passed a drug wipe test but had been clocked at 98mph so was reported, along with a driver travelling at 102mph, around the Terrington St Clement area.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 7 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 10 Former factory site to become a new church