6pm update: Network Rail apologies after engineering train derailment causes chaos
- Credit: Archant © 2012
A derailed engineering train has been revealed as the reason for this morning's cancellation of a host train services in and out of Norwich.
The incident caused engineering work to overrun and have a big impact on today's services.
Services are beginning to return to normal with the 1pm train from Norwich to London set to leave on time.
The Greater Anglia services between Norwich and Ipswich and Norwich and Cambridge had been virtually wiped out, and customers have been advised to not travel.
A statement on the firm's website said at the moment it was 'unable to resource any rail replacement coaches', but added that First Capital connect would allow Greater Anglia tickets between Ely and Cambridge.
You may also want to watch:
A Network Rail spokesman said: 'We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused to passengers today. The derailed engineering train is in an upright position and the incident did not damage the infrastructure. Our priority now is to remove the engineering train so that passenger services can resume by this afternoon.'
The full list of cancellations and affected services is:
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 5 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 6 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 7 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit
- 8 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 9 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 10 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
? Norwich to Liverpool Street - 8am, 9am, 10am, 11am, noon.
? Liverpool Street to Norwich - 9.30am, 10.30am, 11.30am, 12.30pm.
? Norwich to Cambridge - 9.03am, 11.03am, 12.03pm.
? Cambridge to Norwich - 10.48am, 11.52am, 12.52pm.
? The 8.30am Liverpool Street to Norwich will end at Diss.
? The 11am Norwich to Liverpool Street will start at Diss.
? The 10.03am Norwich to Cambridge will start at Wymondham.
? The 8.48am Cambridge to Norwich will end at Wymondham.
Services are expected to be back to normal after 1pm.