60163 Tornado to make first Norfolk visit in five years
- Credit: PA
Rail enthusiasts will be given a treat later this year when the 60163 Tornado puffs into Great Yarmouth.
The loco is the first brand new Peppercorn A1 Pacific to have been built this century, and is the project of the A1 Steam Locomotive Trust.
It will be her first Norfolk visit since 2012, when she was star attraction at the Sheringham Steam Gala.
Tornado will bring passengers to the coast from King's Cross station in London, making use of a little-used stretch of track called the Wensum Curve to bypass Norwich.
Keen trainspotters will also catch a glimpse of Tornado as she whizzes by Wymondham en route from the capital, while taking an alternative route on the return journey, taking in Berney Arms and Reedham.
You may also want to watch:
Tornado visits Great Yarmouth on Monday, August 28.
- 1 'We haven't slept': Primark shoppers queue outside city store from 3am
- 2 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 3 People queue at Norwich Primark an hour before 7am reopening
- 4 Hospital's walk-in vaccine clinic suspended after poor attendance
- 5 Streets of Norwich packed as lockdown rules ease
- 6 Lanes closed after lorry hits A47 central reservation
- 7 Months of resurfacing work on Norfolk's roads to start
- 8 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 9 Eight pints pulled in first three minutes as pub's 'happy hour' returns
- 10 Boss unhappy over fake worker's 'vile' comments about Prince Philip