60163 Tornado to make first Norfolk visit in five years
- Credit: PA
Rail enthusiasts will be given a treat later this year when the 60163 Tornado puffs into Great Yarmouth.
The loco is the first brand new Peppercorn A1 Pacific to have been built this century, and is the project of the A1 Steam Locomotive Trust.
It will be her first Norfolk visit since 2012, when she was star attraction at the Sheringham Steam Gala.
Tornado will bring passengers to the coast from King's Cross station in London, making use of a little-used stretch of track called the Wensum Curve to bypass Norwich.
Keen trainspotters will also catch a glimpse of Tornado as she whizzes by Wymondham en route from the capital, while taking an alternative route on the return journey, taking in Berney Arms and Reedham.
Tornado visits Great Yarmouth on Monday, August 28.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 7 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 10 Transport plans approved despite 'lack of' climate change measures