RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- Credit: RNLI
RNLI Wells is adding 5,000 more names to the Duke of Edinburgh lifeboat due to demand.
The Launch a Memory campaign has already added 10,000 names to the Shannon class lifeboat being built for the Wells-Next-The-Sea RNLI station.
Members of the public can commemorate a loved one by donating to the RNLI and submitting a name.
The original 10,000 names are featured within the lifeboat's number decal 'RNLI 13-46', displayed on the hull.
The additional 5,000 names will be in a decal on the vessel's cabin.
The Shannon class lifeboat is the fastest all-weather boat in the RNLI fleet and was funded by The Lifeboat Fund and the Wells community.
There are three ways people can get the name of a loved one on the Launch a Memory lifeboat. Donations can be made online or by phone on 0300 300 99 90 (Monday to Friday 8am-6pm).
There is a suggested donation of £50 with space to commemorate up to 15,000 names on the lifeboat.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 3 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 4 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 5 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 6 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 7 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 8 Suspect identified in seafront hate attack
- 9 Man made threats to hurt ex-partner's father
- 10 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction