50 years of Lowestoft Players to be celebrated with new show
- Credit: Archant
The curtain is set to go up on the next Lowestoft Players production, the first of four being shown in its 50th anniversary year.
Celebrating five decades of showbiz magic, 'The Sound of Musicals' will be performed at the Bethel from September 28 to October 8, showcasing a multitude of classic West End and Broadway shows that have been performed by the players since 1967.
Some of the performers from the original productions will be recreating their roles and guiding audiences through a whole host of award-winning shows, from older productions including Oklahoma and Carousel, to recent performances of Spamalot and Sister Act.
In addition, a talented group of junior performers will join the company for numbers from Oliver, Annie, the Sound of Music and more.
The production is being directed by Karen Carter, with musical direction from Krista Ribbons.
Tickets are available from the box office on 01502 770020, or online at thelittleboxoffice.com/playerstheatre.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 4 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 5 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 6 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 7 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 8 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 9 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named