3pm weather update: Snow still forecast for this afternoon, but less disruption expected tomorrow
- Credit: citizenside.com
Snow is still expected to return to Norfolk this afternoon, with 2-4cm expected to settle in some areas, with less around the coast.
Some readers reported snow falls in Long Stratton and Coston just after 3pm.
Phil Garner, Weather Quest forecaster at its University of East Anglia base this weekend, said Essex and Suffolk had already had snow today, and it had so far reached as far north as Lakenheath.
He said the snow should leave the last areas by about 3am tomorrow, but he did not anticipate a repeat of the disruption caused at the peak of the bad weather last week.
He said: 'Where there has been a degree of treatment any snow should not accumulate too much so there should not be too much disruption tomorrow morning, but it's always hard to tell with snow.'
You may also want to watch:
He said traffic patterns would affect how effective road gritting will be.
- 1 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 2 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 3 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 4 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 5 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 6 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 7 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 8 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 9 'Life begins at 70' says former TV star as she releases her new novel
- 10 'We loved our East Anglian holiday so much - we bought the company'