300 tonnes of straw bale catches fire in Stoke Ferry
PUBLISHED: 10:20 15 June 2013 | UPDATED: 11:56 15 June 2013
Firefighters are leaving the scene of a blaze which burned for several hours after 300 tonnes of straw bales caught fire in Stoke Ferry.
The bales at a farm in Bridge Road were still smouldering this morning before the fire service left and handed over the incident to the farmer.
Crews from Methwold and Downham Market were called to the incident at 9.53pm last night (Friday, June 14). A spokesman for Norfolk Fire and Rescue said firefighters allowed the straw to burn before handing the incident over to the farmer.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Eastern Daily Press. Click the link in the orange box below for details.