30 people in mass brawl outside Hemsby pub during England v Russia game
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2010
A pub landlady has called for people to 'stand up and be counted' after a fight broke out in Hemsby during the England-Russia game on Saturday night.
Over 30 people were involved in a brawl at half-time near the Lacon Arms in Seaview Road, shortly after 8.45pm.
Several people were injured and some required hospital treatment.
Lorna Bevan-Thompson, landlady at the pub, said there was fisticuffs outside in the street.
'People from out of town were looking to cause trouble,' she said. 'They weren't interested in watching the football. They wanted to start fights with local people.
You may also want to watch:
'I would always encourage people to stand up and be counted. Street violence shouldn't be tolerated and definitely not in Hemsby.'
She stressed the fight had nothing to do with her premises or customers.
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 6 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 7 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 8 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 9 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
- 10 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
Officers are keen to speak to anyone who witnessed the incident or may have seen or heard anything in the area.
In particular they would like to speak to anyone who saw a man leaving the scene in a white Ford Transit van.
• Anyone with information should contact DC Ricki Peake from Norfolk Police's Safeguarding Hub on 101.
• Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or via their online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org