£18,000 charity boost from Co-Op for Diss
- Credit: Archant
A £18,000 funding boost from the Co-op has helped eight community groups in Diss.
When a Co-op member buys own-brand products from food stores or a funeral plan or funeral from Funeralcare, they receive a 5pc reward for themselves - with a further 1pc going to local good causes.
All those 1pc rewards, plus the proceeds of the carrier bag charge in England, has resulted in the £18,000 pay out in Diss.
Good causes set to benefit include The Lizard Charity and Home Start Breckland and South Norfolk.
Chief membership officer at the Co-op, Rufus Olins, said: 'The Co-op has always been community-focused.
You may also want to watch:
'By listening to our members, we are able to identify what communities care most about and then offer support that really makes a difference - and by working with and supporting local good causes great things are happening.'
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 4 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 5 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 6 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 7 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 8 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 9 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 10 Delays on A47 following crash