16-year-old racing driver set to line up for championship debut
- Credit: Archant
A young racing driver from Norfolk is set to line up for the first race of a prestigious championship this weekend.
Lewis Galer, 16, from Lexham, near Swaffham and Dereham, will line up for the first of eight races in the 2019 MINI Challenge JCW Championship at Oulton Park, Cheshire on Saturday, April 20.
He is set to be the youngest to take part when he makes his debut in the JCW class with the Excelr8 Motorsport team and is being sponsored by Zest Car Rental, based in Dereham.
Lewis said: 'I can't wait to start racing this season and I'm really happy that Zest have come on board as my title sponsor.
'The car looks great in the Zest colours and I'm going to give it my best to get to the front of the grid.'
You may also want to watch:
Lewis started racing karts at the age of seven and has already had considerable success, finishing second out of 65 in the Ginetta Junior Scholarship 2017.
Rory Sexton, Zest Managing Director said: 'We're absolutely delighted to be supporting him in his debut season in this class, it's a great stepping-stone in his racing career.'
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 5 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 6 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 7 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 8 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 9 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 10 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre