15 beautiful photos of the Broads that show why it’s one of the UK’s most Instagrammed destinations
- Credit: Chill Photography
As a designated area of outstanding natural beauty, it's no surprise that people like to take photos of the Norfolk Broads.
Earlier this week it was revealed that people like to take photos of The Broads so much that it has become one of the top 15 most Instagrammed attractions in the UK.
Ranking at number 14, just ahead of Antony Gormley's Angel of the North, the Broads were found to have a whopping 42,196 tags on the popular social media platform.
Self-taught photographer, Christopher Hill, is one of many who love to capture the beauty of the Broads on camera.
The 29-year-old from Great Yarmouth said: 'I focus on landscapes and have been snapping photos all around Norfolk for about eight years now.
'As a photographer, I am really fortunate living in Norfolk. There are so many great spots of outstanding beauty that I am lucky to have right on my doorstep, including the Norfolk Broads - which has to be one of my absolute favourite places to photograph.'
You may also want to watch:
Among the list reasons as to why Mr Hill loves to photograph the Broads are its abundance of wildlife, the iconic big skies, and various windmills and pumps.
'I find the windmills especially fascinating as each had their own purpose back in their prime. I also love the boathouses at Hickling Broad and How Hill with their thatched roofs sourced locally from traditional materials,' he said.
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 4 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 7 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 8 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 10 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
He added: 'It doesn't matter what time of year I go, there is always a great show to be had at the Broads and with the right weather conditions it can really transform the landscape into something magical.'
For more information on Christopher Hill's Photography, visit www.chill.photography
• Send your best Broads photos to firstname.lastname@example.org