12 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
Cobbled roads, rural pathways and coastal walks, Norfolk has a plethora of streets that are a pleasure to explore. Here we have collected just 11 of the most pretty streets in Nelson's County, in celebration of Elm Hill in Norwich being named the seventh prettiest street in Britain.
1. Elm Hill, Norwich
Elm Hill in Norwich is so attractive it was used for a scene in the Hollywood film Stardust.
2. High Street, Little Walsingham
The historical pubs and pretty cottages of Walsingham make it a perfect village to explore.
You may also want to watch:
3. The Quay, Wells-next-the-Sea
Wells-next-the-Sea is a peaceful seaside village on the north Norfolk Coast and this waterside stretch is perfect to soak in the architecture, boats and charming sea views.
- 1 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 2 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 5 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 6 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 7 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 8 Former factory site to become a new church
- 9 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 10 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
4. The Street, Happisburgh
Known for its red and white striped lighthouse, Happisburgh is a popular destination for seekers of that tranquillity only found in the coastal villages of Norfolk. The Street is lined with trees and attractive buildings and is just a short walk from the lighthouse, and the coast.
5. Tucker Street, Cromer
This narrow, but nonetheless enchanting street leads down to Cromer's seafront and features pastel coloured houses and the striking Parish Church.
6. Lower Goat Lane, Norwich
Bustling with activity, Lower Goat Lane is home to quaint boutiques and tearooms such as Biddy's Tea Room.
7. High Street, Blakeney
The pretty north Norfolk village Blakeney surely has one of the most beautiful high streets in the county.
8. Ferry Lane, Norwich
The pretty red brick houses along Ferry Lane make for the perfect evening stroll, with Norwich Cathedral standing proudly over the city.
9. Hall Road, Snettisham
The quintessential Norfolk village of Snettisham is beautiful, but the residential Hall Road, with its flower-clad cottages and charmingly mismatched brickwork make it a wonder to stroll down during the summer months.
10. High Street, Cley-next-the-Sea
Traverse down the high street in the village of Cley and see its famous windmill ducking in and out from behind the houses.
11. Church Lane, Upper Sheringham
Away from the main town, Upper Sheringham's Church Lane is peppered with cobbled cottages running alongside the graveyard of The Parish Church of Upper Sheringham All Saints.
12. Quayside, Norwich
Just a stone's throw from historic Tombland, this stunning street on the bank of the River Wensum is scattered with quaint coloured houses with rustic charm. It's the perfect spot for an evening walk along the river in the shadow of the illuminated Cathedral.
MORE: Elm Hill in Norwich named among Britain's prettiest streetsWhere's your favourite street in Norfolk? Let us know in the comments.