10 things to do in mid and north Norfolk this weekend
- Credit: Archant
It's a busy weekend ahead for our region with everything from raft races to motorbikes, music, beer and afternoon tea. Take your pick from our top 10 selection.
Friday (until Sunday, August 6) - Wells Carnival, see the website here for a full programme of events. This weekend's events include a beer festival on The Albatros, Elvis night, craft fair, historic lifeboat festival, raft race, Bruno Mars tribute, crowning of the Carnival Queen, junior town crier competition, dog show and much more.
Friday, Saturday and Sunday - Southburgh Festival of World Music, Burton Manor Barns, wide range of music, artists, dance and food from around the world. Camping is available from 4pm Friday to midday Sunday, with gates opening from 9.30am on the Saturday and events starting on the day from 11am. Visit the website here. Saturday - Harley Davidson rally, 150 classic motorbikes in Fakenham market place, barbecue and refreshments at Gallery Bistro, 9am to 12.30pm, raising money for the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
Saturday - Bilney Hall residential home, summer fete, 2.30pm to 4.30pm, wood turning, face painting, tea and cakes, craft stalls and raffle
You may also want to watch:
Saturday - Elsing, duck race at The Mill, 2-5pm, with craft market, tombola and traditional games, refreshments, free entrance.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 4 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 5 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 6 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 7 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 8 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 9 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 10 Delays on A47 following crash
Saturday - Mattishall beer and music festival, South Green Park, from 12 noon. Live music along with a selection of over 50 locally sourced beers, ciders and perries. Hog roast and BBQ from 3pm, Tickets available online here or from South Green Park reception.
Saturday - Swanton Morley village hall, brass on the grass with Dereham Band and guest vocalist Joanna Eden, gates open 4.30pm, bring your own picnic, licenced bar, tickets £5, under 14s free.
Saturday - Watton Children's Centre, family fun day, 10am to 2pm, entry 50p, bouncy castle, ice cream van, yoga taster session, children's activities, face painting, cakes, fancy dress competition and raffle.
Saturday - Hindolveston, Rock on the Rec, with Powerhouse, Midnight Specials featuring John Jarvis and Shipyard Rockers, raffle and burger van, 6.30pm till late. Free admission but donations welcome.
Sunday - Fulmodeston, afternoon tea at the Old School, 2.30pm to 5pm, in aid of East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH), the nook appeal, tea, cakes, scones, sausage rolls, raffle and tombola.