10 questions with social media guru Joshua Cooper
- Credit: Archant
Each week we put a Norwich resident in the hot seat and ask them ten questions about themselves. This week we spoke with 25-year-old social media guru, Joshua Cooper, who runs the social media for some of your favourite bars and restaurants, including Brick Pizza and The Ten Bells.
• Describe Norwich in three words...
Welcoming, diverse and picturesque.
The last one I hope every person in Norwich can agree on. I've been all over England and still think Norwich, on a large scale is a beautiful place. It's surrounded by lots of green which I love! The secret gardens on Earlham Road, the Riverside walk around the cathedral… The list is endless.
I absolutely love living in Norwich, there is no where else like it. I love raising a child here, it's safe, it's full of good people, good food and amazing independent businesses.
You may also want to watch:
• If you were stranded with three people on a deserted island, who would you want them to be?
Ray Mears no question would be my first choice, because he's a survival expert and all round nice guy. Rick Stein would be put on cooking duties, preparing fresh fish and seafood all day and finally Steve McQueen purely for aesthetics, he's a style icon and life hero.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 3 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 4 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 5 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 6 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 7 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 8 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 9 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 10 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash
• If you could be any other person who would it be?
Leonardo DiCaprio, just to see what these parties he throws are all about.
• How would you spend a perfect weekend in Norwich?
Saturday would have to start with a coffee from Gosling & Guzman. I think it's the best coffee in Norwich and is guaranteed to help start the day right. Then I would just graze all day eating cockles, oysters and whelks from the market, pizza from Brick, charcuterie from Les Garrigues and finish the night with some cocktails in The Ten Bells.
Sunday would revolve around a roast. The Temple Bar's are easily the best in the city. Food is life! Also a spontaneous clothing purchase from Seven Wolves may need to happen.
• What's your mantra in life?
'Do now, think later.'
• Would you rather spend a night in front of the telly or a night out on the town?
To me a night out on the town includes heavy techno music and dancing for six or seven hours. Unfortunately this is hard to come by in Norwich these days with it having no venues specifically for this. Luckily a friend of mine is rekindling a night in September called 808 at Space Studios which will involve both mentioned above.
I'm torn though. A night in with a take away from Take Thai on Dereham Road and a film like Alien or Blade Runner and I'm there.
• Which song defines your life?
The Doors - Riders On The Storm
• What's your biggest fear?
Badgers. I have absolutely no idea where this comes from but they terrify me. It's not the strangest fear however, I know people with a fear of kneecaps, goldfish and slugs.
• Which one thing could you never be without?
My 5 year old daughter. The most important thing in my life and my motivation for everything.
• What would you do if you won the lottery?
I would give it to one of my most sensible and trusted friends. I couldn't be trusted with that kind of money at all, I would probably end up losing it.
• If you'd like to take part in 10 questions, email email@example.com