Over 1,000 people visit Santa at Dereham Windmill
- Credit: Archant
A record number of people visited Santa at Dereham Windmill over Christmas time.
Over 1,000 children and adults travelled to the windmill to see Father Christmas, with £2,400 also being raised for the Dereham Windmill Charity.
The children were able to visit Santa in his grotto and then, along with the adults, explore the exhibitions that can be found in the Windmill.
Brian Webb, chairman of Dereham Windmill, said: 'I want to thank all the trustees and volunteers who have worked so hard to make this event a success and the community for supporting us.
'We hope you all had a Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year.'
You may also want to watch:
Are you or have you organised a Christmas or New Year event in the Dereham, Reepham, Fakenham or Wells area? Contact our reporter Dan Bennett by emailing email@example.com.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 7 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft