New role for Breckland’s police commander
- Credit: Archant
Breckland's policing commander is moving on to a new role in the Norfolk force after nearly three years in charge of the district.
Chief Insp Paul Durham leaves to take up the job of senior investigating officer on Norfolk's Major Investigation Team based in Wymondham and will be succeeded by Chief Inspector Ady Porter.
Chief Insp Durham said: 'The last three years have been some of the best in my 26 years of service and the successes that have been achieved would not have been possible without the hard work, commitment and sheer professionalism of those officers and staff I have been lucky to work with.
'I have loved every minute of my time in Breckland and will always have the warmest regards for the people who live and work here. A highlight for me was undoubtedly commanding the policing operation for the Light Dragoons homecoming parade in Dereham last December. It is always sad to leave a place you have really enjoyed working at, but I know that I am leaving the policing here safe in the hands of my successor Chief Insp Ady Porter.'
Chief Insp Durham moved to Breckland in September 2010 and his time in command has seen Breckland's crime driven down, with significant year on year reductions across the district.
You may also want to watch:
As well as overseeing numerous operations targeting criminals, he was integral in the decision to reinstate Dereham police station as a hub for response officers. He also worked to build stronger working relationships with colleagues in Suffolk, which resulted in 'Operation Breakout' - a cross-border joint patrol initiative.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named