New role for Breckland’s police commander
- Credit: Archant
Breckland's policing commander is moving on to a new role in the Norfolk force after nearly three years in charge of the district.
Chief Insp Paul Durham leaves to take up the job of senior investigating officer on Norfolk's Major Investigation Team based in Wymondham and will be succeeded by Chief Inspector Ady Porter.
Chief Insp Durham said: 'The last three years have been some of the best in my 26 years of service and the successes that have been achieved would not have been possible without the hard work, commitment and sheer professionalism of those officers and staff I have been lucky to work with.
'I have loved every minute of my time in Breckland and will always have the warmest regards for the people who live and work here. A highlight for me was undoubtedly commanding the policing operation for the Light Dragoons homecoming parade in Dereham last December. It is always sad to leave a place you have really enjoyed working at, but I know that I am leaving the policing here safe in the hands of my successor Chief Insp Ady Porter.'
Chief Insp Durham moved to Breckland in September 2010 and his time in command has seen Breckland's crime driven down, with significant year on year reductions across the district.
You may also want to watch:
As well as overseeing numerous operations targeting criminals, he was integral in the decision to reinstate Dereham police station as a hub for response officers. He also worked to build stronger working relationships with colleagues in Suffolk, which resulted in 'Operation Breakout' - a cross-border joint patrol initiative.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 3 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 7 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 8 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 9 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 10 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street