New Norwich city centre car park rises out of Rose Lane
- Credit: Mike Page
It's one of the biggest building projects in Norwich.
And as our pictures show today, work is progressing quickly on the new 595-space multi-storey car park between Rose Lane and Mountergate.
A massive steel frame has emerged as the £7m project takes shape.
Huber Car Park Systems, a German firm which won a contract with Norwich City Council, designed and is building the car park.
When the scheme was going through the planning process, objectors raised concerns that it could lead to increased traffic problems in the area, but highways bosses insisted the car park is 'unlikely to result in any significant traffic issues in the local area'.
You may also want to watch:
It is due to open early next year.
Do you have any quirky pictures of Norwich? Send them to us via the website. www.iwitness24.co.uk
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 9 Petrol station staff to receive awards for attempting to save baby's life
- 10 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working