New Norwich city centre car park rises out of Rose Lane
- Credit: Mike Page
It's one of the biggest building projects in Norwich.
And as our pictures show today, work is progressing quickly on the new 595-space multi-storey car park between Rose Lane and Mountergate.
A massive steel frame has emerged as the £7m project takes shape.
Huber Car Park Systems, a German firm which won a contract with Norwich City Council, designed and is building the car park.
When the scheme was going through the planning process, objectors raised concerns that it could lead to increased traffic problems in the area, but highways bosses insisted the car park is 'unlikely to result in any significant traffic issues in the local area'.
You may also want to watch:
It is due to open early next year.
Do you have any quirky pictures of Norwich? Send them to us via the website. www.iwitness24.co.uk
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 3 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 4 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 5 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 6 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 7 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 8 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 9 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?