New Buckenham Players stage adaptation of Treasure Island
This year's Christmas production from New Buckenham Players is an adaptation of Treasure Island.
The Hispanola is being built ready to set sail. Join Jim Hawkins, Capt'n Smollett, Israel Hands and Long John Silver as they splice the mainbrace and sail off in search of treasure.
On the journey meet Blind Pugh, Black Dog, Ben Gunn, the formidable Lady Trewlaney and her chipper companion Lucy Livesey, numerous murderous pirates, to say nothing of a bevy of feisty female pirates, whom you wouldn't want to cross on a high sea.
Following on from the RSC Open Stages Project, Treasure Island again features a large cast, with a diverse age range – the cast are either collecting their bus passes or school dinners.
The journey casts off at 8pm on Thursday, December 6, follows the winds on Friday, December 7, and ends on Saturday, December 8, with a visit to port at the Saturday matinee at 2.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost �6.50 and �5.50 (concessions) for evening performances, with matinee tickets at �5.50 and can be ordered through the box office on 861438.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 5 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 6 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 7 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 8 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover