New boss announced to take the helm at Great Yarmouth outer harbour
A 'local boy' will take up the role of general manager at Great Yarmouth's outer harbour after its current boss announced he was stepping down.
Bruce Coupland, who was born in Reedham and now lives in Norwich, will take up the post from March 3, replacing Jamie Frater who is leaving the role at the end of February.
Mr Coupland, who lived in Acle until 1982, joined P&O as a cadet in 1974 and 15 years later, as master mariner, left the sea to work as a ship planner at Felixstowe port.
From 1996 - 2003 he worked in various operational positions in Mombasa, Kenya and the Bahamas.
After this he returned to the UK to take up a position in business development with Hutchison Port Holdings. Mr Coupland travelled extensively in Europe and the Middle East, which resulted in him taking up a role in Izmir, Turkey in 2007.
You may also want to watch:
He has just completed a four year assignment as general manager of the Taranto container terminal in Italy and is now looking forward to returning to his home roots in Norfolk.
Mr Frater, who took up the post in May 2012, is leaving Yarmouth to work as senior asset manager at the London container port in Tilbury.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 7 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 8 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 9 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 10 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor