National SME survey results look positive
- Credit: Archant
A recent survey by The HR Dept, an HR outsource business for small and medium sized businesses, revealed that nearly 50% of the SMEs surveyed in their annual satisfaction survey were looking to recruit one or more new members of staff in the next six months.
This compared with just 4% of those who responded saying they were likely to decrease their numbers in the next six months.
The HR Dept surveyed its SME client base across the UK and response from its customers serves as a barometer of confidence for the wider economic background. Every year The HR Dept surveys all of its clients in a quality check, this year 1348 small and medium sized business were surveyed.
You may also want to watch:
Martin Johnston – Owner/Director of The HR Dept Norwich and North Norfolk says: 'Clients are now looking to the future and as we start to pull clear of the doldrums of the last few years, more businesses will want to increase their capacity to grow which is great for the economy.'
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 3 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 10 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
The HR Dept also saw in the past year a 33% increase in the number of clients looking for help with recruitment in their business and an 82% increase in clients seeking advice on absence management issues. Dealing with 'sickies' can often be a real headache for SMEs because of the impact it can have on a smaller team.
The HR Dept Norwich and North Norfolk specialises in advising small and medium sized business on all employment issues. www.hrdept.co.uk
For more information on the Norfolk Chamber of Commerce and their business to business exhibition, visit www.edp24.co.uk/business/norfolk-chamber-of-commerce or www.norfolkchamber.co.uk.