Myleene Klass comes home to Norwich to open new Mothercare store
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk celebrity Myleene Klass returned to her home county to launch her latest range of children's clothes at a new shop – and became a tour guide for the day to show off the delights of Norwich to her friends from London.
The TV presenter, singer, radio host and fashion designer was greeted by hundreds of parents yesterday as she officially opened a new branch of the Mothercare store, in Riverside, Norwich. Myleene, 37, showed off her latest BabyK collection and spoke of her delight at returning to Norfolk.
Myleene, originally from Gorleston, said: 'It's been great to see so many people come down for our launch event and it's been particularly fun to see all the children.
'They are all so excited and it feels like I get to be their auntie for the day.
'I've been all over the world opening stores and launching the new BabyK range, but it feels so good to be back home in Norfolk and I'm so appreciative of the local support I get.
You may also want to watch:
'I love coming back and I was here last night showing my friends from London around Norwich; we went round and saw so many of the sights, which made me feel like a proper tour guide for the day.'
Located next to Boots in Riverside, the new Mothercare store is part of the companies' major revamp in which it plans to re-furbish many of its shops over the next three years.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 5 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 6 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 7 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 8 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 9 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 10 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
Speaking about the BabyK range mum-of-two Myleene, who was joined at yesterday's launch by children's character Peppa Pig, said: 'I've been designing children's clothes now for nine years and this is the 15th collection I've done for Mothercare.
'The reason I started is because as soon as you become a mum, people want to put you in a box and everyone buys you the typical 'mumsy' clothes, but so many mums don't want these kinds of clothes. My clothes are for the children, but also for the fun mums and glamorous grans who want their children to look good.'
Myleene has been busy recently hosting BBQ Champ on ITV and had a new programme, Singing in the Rainforest, on entertainment channel Watch last week.
The programme was about her time writing a song with a remote tribe.
Do you have a story about a local celebrity? Email firstname.lastname@example.org