Musical antidote to St Valentine’s Day at Diss Corn Hall
- Credit: Supplied
Funny Valentine – A Musical Antidote to St Valentine's Day will take to the stage at Diss Corn Hall on Thursday, February 14, at 7.30pm.
What is this thing called love? Terence Blacker and Derek Hewitson provide some surprising and occasionally hilarious musical answers with a show that puts the fun back into romance.
Following Taboo-Be-Do!, their highly successful history of politically incorrect songs which was the basis of a BBC Radio 4 series, Blacker and Hewitson delve into a century of songs, of old love, new love, false love and, just occasionally, true love.
Featuring the witty lyrics and much-loved songs made famous by artists from Noel Coward and Fats Waller to Tom Lehrer and Randy Newman – plus original material from Blacker himself – Funny Valentine offers an evening of romance and great music with a comic twist for people for whom moonlight and roses are not quite enough.
Terence Blacker and Derek Hewitson have played at many festivals, including the Hay-on-Wye Literary Festival and Aldeburgh Literary Festival, and at the King's Head Theatre in Islington, London.
You may also want to watch:
A CD of Blacker's songs, Lovely Little Games, was released in 2012. He is also a successful author and newspaper columnist. His latest novel for teenagers, The Twyning, is published this month by Head of Zeus.
Tickets £8. Box Office: Diss Corn Hall, St Nicholas' Street, call 01379 652241 or visit www.disscornhall.co.uk
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 9 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 10 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns