Music workshops for youngsters
Emma KnightsYoungsters who dream of success on the music scene can take part in a series of workshops and events aimed at helping wannabe musicians realise their goals.Emma Knights
Youngsters who dream of success on the music scene can take part in a series of workshops and events aimed at helping wannabe musicians realise their goals.
Independent community arts organisation Norfolk Music Works (NMW) has set up a new project called Norfolk Rock Roots which will give young people over the age of 12 the chance to meet up with other musicians, learn new skills, record their own music and play at local gigs.
The project is based in Fakenham, Swaffham and Hunstanton and throughout August in all three towns NMW will be running Rock Train, a course of four half-day skill building workshops in popular music where youngsters can explore different instruments and form new bands. More advanced musicians will be given help with song writing and other skills.
In September there will be a Band Xchange weekend in all three towns where the young musicians will perform and record their own live music CD. Then in November there will be three Launchpad gigs.
You may also want to watch:
The project is funded by the National Lottery Awards for All scheme and supported by Breckland Council.
It costs �10 to take part in a course of four Rock Train workshops and �10 to be involved in a Band Xchange weekend.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 9 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 10 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
Tickets to watch the Launchpad gigs cost �2.50 per night or �6 if you watch all three nights.
For more information visit www.musicworks.org.uk or call 01485 609009.