Afternoon update: More snow brings more disruption to south Norfolk
PUBLISHED: 15:07 18 January 2013 | UPDATED: 15:07 18 January 2013
Motorists are being warned of delays as snow causes disruption on south Norfolk's roads.
Only travel if necessary but if you do, remember to check these before you go:
- Antifreeze: Check coolant regularly, and top-up with mixture of the right type
- Battery: A battery more than five years old may struggle in cold weather.
- Petrol: Keep at least a quarter of a tank in case of delays
- Lights: Clean and check all lights regularly, and carry spare bulbs
- Tyres: They should have at least 3mm tread and check the pressure every fortnight
- Windscreen: Clear it completely before leaving
- Screenwash: Use 50pc mix of a good quality screen wash to reduce chance of freezing
- Locks and seals: Stop doors freezing shut with a thin coat of Vaseline on rubber door seals
The county woke to more snow this morning, leading to more problems on the highways, trains, buses and planes.
Road users are being warned of delays on the A11 Spooner Row after a single-vehicle crash in the Thetford-bound carriageway.
The road is blocked and there is stationary traffic southbound around the B1172 London Road junction after the Jaguar went into some bollards.
The police, fire and ambulance service were called to the scene around 2.20pm.
There is thought to be minor injuries and the car is awaiting recovery.
Earlier today, there was a two-vehicle crash at the junction of the B1332 Norwich Road and Hempnall Road at Woodton.
On the A140 at Scole, there was a single-vehicle crash just after 11am in the southbound carriageway. The road is now clear.
So far, there have not been any crashes on the A11 but the A47 at Necton, near Swaffham, was closed for six hours after a lorry came off the road and fell into a ditch earlier this morning. The road has now reopened.
Bus services have also been badly hit with First buses only stopping on main roads, all Anglian buses cancelled and no Flexibus services around Wymondham, Watton and Thetford.
Thetford-based coach firm Coach Services is running all its services but warned there may be slight delays due to the road conditions.
Trains between Norwich and Great Yarmouth are delayed, while services between Norwich, Thetford and Ely are delayed for up to 20 minutes because of snow causing problems at a level crossing.
No flights are currently leaving from Norwich airport.
There are 314 schools closed around the county. To see if your school is closed, go to http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/norfolk_school_snow_closures_is_your_school_shut_1_1797409
Check back on this website for updates.