Morley village gears up for annual charity beer festival
- Credit: Archant
A village festival will feature new brews, live music, family entertainment and football on the big screen.
The fifth annual Morley Beer, Music and Family Festival will take place on Friday, June 9 from 5pm to 11pm and Saturday, June 10 from midday to 11pm in the grounds of Morley Village and Sports Hall.
The festival, which raises money for the Motor Neurone Disease Association and the 1st Attleborough Scouts, will include performances by Norfolk-based roots/rock band the Vagaband, as well as the Cawston Band, the Tuesday Club and Esmee Murray.
Panther Breweries will use the occasion to launch a new beer called Our Summer Daze, Norfolk Brewhouse will release its new Norfolk Pale Ale and Wymondham businesses VanVino and Reno Wine will showcase their new Artificer Gin.
Family attractions will include Foolhardy Circus Arts workshops and performance, 'bubble' football, tag archery, a display by the Norfolk Tank Museum, magic mirror, bouncy castle and craft stalls. An England v Scotland World Cup qualifier will be shown on a big screen.
More than 20 Norfolk real ales, craft beers and ciders from breweries including Wolf Brewery, Panther Brewery, Norfolk Brewhouse, Chalk Hill Brewery, The All Day Brewing Company, Grain Brewery, Golden Triangle Brewery, Crone's Cider and VanVino's Gin Palace will be available to try.
Corinna Pharaoh, festival chairman, said the event's focus was on celebrating Norfolk producers and its community.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 7 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 8 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 9 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 10 Plan to charge for seafront floral tributes is agreed
She said: 'We are delighted to have on board breweries and music of their calibre, it goes to show that our festival is well and truly on the map.
'The 2017 event is shaping up to be a really special one.'
The festival's main sponsors this year are David Morter Garage Services and Victoria Marquees.
Visit www.facebook.com/MorleyVillageHall for more information.
Entry is free for children and £3 for adults, tickets are available online at www.ticketsource.co.uk/morley-village-sports-hall-
To book on-site camping call 07783 153408 or email email@example.com.