Morley village gears up for annual charity beer festival
- Credit: Archant
A village festival will feature new brews, live music, family entertainment and football on the big screen.
The fifth annual Morley Beer, Music and Family Festival will take place on Friday, June 9 from 5pm to 11pm and Saturday, June 10 from midday to 11pm in the grounds of Morley Village and Sports Hall.
The festival, which raises money for the Motor Neurone Disease Association and the 1st Attleborough Scouts, will include performances by Norfolk-based roots/rock band the Vagaband, as well as the Cawston Band, the Tuesday Club and Esmee Murray.
Panther Breweries will use the occasion to launch a new beer called Our Summer Daze, Norfolk Brewhouse will release its new Norfolk Pale Ale and Wymondham businesses VanVino and Reno Wine will showcase their new Artificer Gin.
Family attractions will include Foolhardy Circus Arts workshops and performance, 'bubble' football, tag archery, a display by the Norfolk Tank Museum, magic mirror, bouncy castle and craft stalls. An England v Scotland World Cup qualifier will be shown on a big screen.
You may also want to watch:
More than 20 Norfolk real ales, craft beers and ciders from breweries including Wolf Brewery, Panther Brewery, Norfolk Brewhouse, Chalk Hill Brewery, The All Day Brewing Company, Grain Brewery, Golden Triangle Brewery, Crone's Cider and VanVino's Gin Palace will be available to try.
Corinna Pharaoh, festival chairman, said the event's focus was on celebrating Norfolk producers and its community.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'I ran for my life' - Neighbour who saw fatal row tells of terror
- 3 Man dies after 'industrial incident' at farm
- 4 Mental health hospital owed £2m to staff and creditors when it shut
- 5 Four fish and chip shops listed among the best in the country
- 6 Father stabbed to death 'after argument about motorbike noise'
- 7 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 8 Murder victim is named as accused under armed guard in hospital
- 9 Tributes to 'well-known, well-liked, well-respected' King's Lynn fan
- 10 Smokehouse to be showcased on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip
She said: 'We are delighted to have on board breweries and music of their calibre, it goes to show that our festival is well and truly on the map.
'The 2017 event is shaping up to be a really special one.'
The festival's main sponsors this year are David Morter Garage Services and Victoria Marquees.
Visit www.facebook.com/MorleyVillageHall for more information.
Entry is free for children and £3 for adults, tickets are available online at www.ticketsource.co.uk/morley-village-sports-hall-
To book on-site camping call 07783 153408 or email email@example.com.