Michael Bublé of Beccles Tom Elgie to swing into Public Hall for Cancer Research fundraiser
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A Beccles singer will pay tribute to his musical idol at a concert next week, as he raises funds for a cause close to the famous star's heart.
Tom Elgie is a huge Michael Bublé fan, and will perform the songs of the Canadian crooner at Beccles Public Hall in June, in aid of Cancer Research.
The singer, who has performed at the Beccles Christmas lights switch on three times and was the face behind one of the stormtrooper masks in the Force Awakens, was inspired after his idol's son was diagnosed with the illness.
He said: 'When news broke that Michael Bublé had put his career on hold as his son had been diagnosed with cancer, it made me do some research into the illness.
'Not wanting his music to be forgotten, I thought I would do whatever I can to keep it alive - even if it means donning the tight suit and doing it myself.'
Tickets for the event, which is on June 9, are £10, or £9 concessions and are available at the venue.
You may also want to watch:
Support is from A Tribute to Adele and Fiona Harbour.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 4 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 5 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 6 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 7 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 8 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 9 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 10 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub