Spice Girl Mel C to entertain at racecourse ladies night
- Credit: TMS Media
Pop queen Melanie C will spice up the lives of Great Yarmouth racegoers this summer when she DJs a music event at the seaside course's Ladies Night.
News of the after-race entertainment by the Spice Girls' former 'Sporty' member comes as the 1990s supergroup took the music world by storm by reuniting to 'explore some incredible new opportunities together.'
Melanie C has gone on to be a popular solo singer who has toured the world, and strutted the West End stage as an actress.
On Wednesday, July 18 she will host the after-racing entertainment – choosing and presenting tracks that will reflect the 'girl power' of the annual Ladies Night fun, and her own favourite music.
Racecourse executive director Glenn Tubby said: 'Melanie was part of a group that had a huge impact on the music scene, and life in general, but is also big star in her own right.
You may also want to watch:
'We are thrilled she has agreed to DJ for us this year, and hope racegoers and music fans will turn out in force to see her live and dance the night away.'
Melanie Chisholm, 44, found instant fame with the Spice Girls, who sold more than 85m records between 1994-98 in the biggest phenomenon to hit the music industry since the Beatles. Their debut single Wannabe topped the charts in 37 countries.
- 1 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 2 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 3 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 4 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 7 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 8 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
- 9 Farke hammers Tzolis for penalty antics in City defeat
- 10 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
Her solo career began in 1998 as the group folded, and has seen her go on to sell more than 20m records. She is currently working on her eighth album and planning a live tour.
She has also played Mrs Johnstone in the musical Blood Brothers, and Mary Magdelene in Jesus Christ Superstar after she was a panellist on a reality TV show to choose the male lead Ben Foster.
Tickets for Great Yarmouth Ladies Night are available at www.greatyarmouth-racecourse.co.uk or call 01493 842527.
Ladies Night, which last year featured Radio 2 DJ Sara Cox, is one of 23 fixtures at Yarmouth this season running from April 24 to October 23. The course is one of 16 run by Arena Racing Company (ARC) the largest racecourse operator in the UK.