Man suffers serious injuries at Brundall boatyard
An investigation has been launched after a man suffered 'potentially life-threatening injuries' at a boatyard in Brundall on the Broads.
Emergency services were called to Alpha Craft on the Riverside estate at about 12.30pm on Friday.
A man in his 40s had suffered serious head injuries while working on the site and was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital. It's believed that he was then taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge.
An East of England Ambulance spokesman said: 'A man in his 40s suffered serious head injuries. He was conversant when we arrived, and remained quite stable at the scene, but he had lost a lot of blood. He was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.'
A Norfolk police spokesman said that it was called to reports that a man had suffered potentially life-threatening injuries.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said that, as it was an industrial incident, the investigation was now being led by the Health and Safety Executive.
A spokesman for the Health and Safety Executive said: 'HSE is aware of the incident and making initial enquiries.'
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 3 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 4 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 5 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 6 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 7 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 8 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 9 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 10 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
No-one from Alpha Craft wanted to comment on the incident yesterday.
Alpha Craft, which was established in 1962, designs and builds its own boats.
• Do you know what happened at the boatyard on Friday? Email email@example.com