Man attacked with knife after answering his door in Norwich robbery
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2012
Detectives are investigating a robbery in Norwich during which a man was attacked with a knife.
The incident happened at approximately 2.40pm yesterday in Charles Square, Norwich after the victim had answered his door to an unknown man.
This man then demanded money from the victim before assaulting him with a knife and stealing some cash.
The suspect is described as being white, aged in his 20s, of a thin build and approximately 6ft in height.
He was wearing dark glasses, a dark hat, a black scarf and a light coloured jacket.
You may also want to watch:
The victim, who suffered injuries to his wrist and neck, was taken to Norfolk and Norwich Hospital and discharged on Monday morning.
Detectives from Norwich CID are investigating the circumstances surrounding the robbery.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 8 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 9 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 10 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
Officers would like to speak to anyone who may have witnessed any suspicious behaviour in the area or recognises the description of the unknown man.
Witnesses are asked to contact Detective Sergeant Donna Wreford at Norfolk Constabulary on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or through their Online Form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.