Man attacked with knife after answering his door in Norwich robbery
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2012
Detectives are investigating a robbery in Norwich during which a man was attacked with a knife.
The incident happened at approximately 2.40pm yesterday in Charles Square, Norwich after the victim had answered his door to an unknown man.
This man then demanded money from the victim before assaulting him with a knife and stealing some cash.
The suspect is described as being white, aged in his 20s, of a thin build and approximately 6ft in height.
He was wearing dark glasses, a dark hat, a black scarf and a light coloured jacket.
You may also want to watch:
The victim, who suffered injuries to his wrist and neck, was taken to Norfolk and Norwich Hospital and discharged on Monday morning.
Detectives from Norwich CID are investigating the circumstances surrounding the robbery.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 6 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 7 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 8 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 9 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 10 Parking debate and police focus part of crackdown on 'keyed' cars
Officers would like to speak to anyone who may have witnessed any suspicious behaviour in the area or recognises the description of the unknown man.
Witnesses are asked to contact Detective Sergeant Donna Wreford at Norfolk Constabulary on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or through their Online Form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.