Major education sector cleaning contract win for Norse
- Credit: Archant
Norse Commercial Services has been awarded a major building cleaning contract by Norfolk Educational Services.
The three-year, £2.5 million contract covers cleaning at four institutions within the Transforming Education in Norfolk (TEN) Group: City College Norwich, City Academy Norwich, Wayland Academy Norfolk and Fakenham Academy Norfolk.
Norse Commercial Services Director Ruth Metcalf says that the contract covers a wide range of services including daily, periodic, specialist and window cleaning. Norse already provides grounds maintenance and security services to NES, and the addition of this cleaning contract confirms Norse's position as the leading FM provider in the East of England.
You may also want to watch:
Jan Benson, Managing Director, Norfolk Educational Services, said: 'We are delighted to be working with Norse Commercial Services on this major new contract across institutions as part of the TEN Group's pioneering shared services model.'
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 8 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 9 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 10 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home
'Our aim is to work together to raise the bar in this area, delivering value for money for the college and academies in TEN Group, exceeding the expectations of students and staff with the quality of service provided, and energising the newly transferred staff through a new approach that we believe others will look to follow.'
Sales Director Geoff Tucker says, 'This follows other major contract awards for Norse in recent months, totalling over £5 million. In a highly competitive environment, it's great to win yet another prestige contract. '
Around 90 staff will transfer to Norse under Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) regulations, (TUPE), bringing the company's workforce to 8,500.
For more information on the Norfolk Chamber of Commerce and their business to business exhibition, visit www.edp24.co.uk/business/norfolk-chamber-of-commerce or www.norfolkchamber.co.uk.