Major education sector cleaning contract win for Norse
- Credit: Archant
Norse Commercial Services has been awarded a major building cleaning contract by Norfolk Educational Services.
The three-year, £2.5 million contract covers cleaning at four institutions within the Transforming Education in Norfolk (TEN) Group: City College Norwich, City Academy Norwich, Wayland Academy Norfolk and Fakenham Academy Norfolk.
Norse Commercial Services Director Ruth Metcalf says that the contract covers a wide range of services including daily, periodic, specialist and window cleaning. Norse already provides grounds maintenance and security services to NES, and the addition of this cleaning contract confirms Norse's position as the leading FM provider in the East of England.
You may also want to watch:
Jan Benson, Managing Director, Norfolk Educational Services, said: 'We are delighted to be working with Norse Commercial Services on this major new contract across institutions as part of the TEN Group's pioneering shared services model.'
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 7 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 8 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 9 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 10 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
'Our aim is to work together to raise the bar in this area, delivering value for money for the college and academies in TEN Group, exceeding the expectations of students and staff with the quality of service provided, and energising the newly transferred staff through a new approach that we believe others will look to follow.'
Sales Director Geoff Tucker says, 'This follows other major contract awards for Norse in recent months, totalling over £5 million. In a highly competitive environment, it's great to win yet another prestige contract. '
Around 90 staff will transfer to Norse under Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) regulations, (TUPE), bringing the company's workforce to 8,500.
For more information on the Norfolk Chamber of Commerce and their business to business exhibition, visit www.edp24.co.uk/business/norfolk-chamber-of-commerce or www.norfolkchamber.co.uk.