Maids Head Hotel
- Credit: Supplied
The Jacobean oak panelled Maids Head Bar, surveilled by Norfolk famous sons and daughters including Horatio Nelson and Edith Cavell, serves a great choice of local real ales and cider as well as carefully selected international beers and lager and 40 wines by the glass.
With its long history of famous guests and tradition of service to the local community, the Maids Head Hotel is filled with character that sets it apart. As an independent hotel, it prides itself on excellent service, attention to detail and flexibility making guests feel welcome and at ease. Its knowledgeable team is at hand to highlight the best places to visit in Norwich and can even tell you about the history behind the fantastic hotel.
The hotel was originally built for the cathedral to cater for bishops travelling to the area, along with noble men and influential characters of the time.
- 1 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 4 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 5 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 6 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 7 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 8 Fire fears over huge battery storage plants for wind farm
- 9 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 10 Obituary: Owner of huge collection of vintage tractors dies aged 75
Telephone: 01603 209955
Monday 11.00 – 23.00
Tuesday 11.00 – 23.00
Wednesday 11.00 – 23.00
Thursday 11.00 – 23.00
Friday 11.00 – 23.00
Saturday 11.00 – 23.00
Sunday 11.30 – 22.30