Magical musical Wonderland cancelled at Lowestoft’s Marina Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Wonderland the musical has been cancelled at Lowestoft's Marina Theatre just two weeks before the curtain was due to rise.
The musical adaptation of Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass was due to run from Tuesday, May 23 to Saturday, May 27 at the theatre, staring television and West End performer Wendi Peters.
However the show has now been cancelled by the producers.
Lee Henderson, chief executive of the Marina Theatre, said: 'Since Wonderland was booked last year, the technical requirements of the show have grown considerably and the show is now much bigger than was originally anticipated.
'It is with therefore with regret that the producers of Wonderland have chosen not to proceed with the Lowestoft dates.
You may also want to watch:
'We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause, but we still have a number of amazing live performances, films and screenings planned over the coming weeks and months.
'We look forward to welcoming you to the Marina Theatre again in the near future.'
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
Anyone who has already bought tickets should contact the theatre on 01502 533200.
The winners of The Journal's Wonderland competition, which are due to be drawn tomorrow, will be contacted by the Marina Theatre directly to arrange a new prize.
To find out about the other shows coming up at the Marina Theatre visit www.marinatheatre.co.uk