Lowestoft youngster wins place at top musical theatre troupe
- Credit: Archant
A Lowestoft youngster has won a coveted place at a top musical theatre and dance troupe.
Following a tough audition and trial period, 17-year-old Maisie Spackman achieved a place with West End Kids, a national musical theatre song and dance troupe for 10 to 18-year-olds.
As a result of her success Maisie will perform for tens of thousands of people, appearing alongside casts of West End shows and some of the biggest names in entertainment.
Over the coming months, the troupe will appear at major events - including a prestigious event in the House of Lords, Imagine Children's Festival at the Royal Festival Hall, Move IT 2017 in the Excel Centre and Alton Towers. Maisie Spackman said: 'I'm so excited to have passed my audition and trial period. The troupe performs at some of the best events and venues throughout the year and I can't wait to be a part of it.'
She added: 'I'm particularly excited about performing in the House of Lords later this season. It's such a prestigious venue and it's a real honour to get to perform in a world famous venue. It's a once in a life time opportunity – I feel so lucky.'
You may also want to watch:
'We are delighted to welcome Maisie to West End Kids,' said Martin Williams, founder and artistic director of West End Kids.
'She is a talented young performer and we are confident that she will be an asset to our troupe. Our audition process is thorough,' he added.
- 1 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 2 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 3 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 4 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 End of an era as hardware store closes after 60 years
- 7 Volunteers wanted - to be locked up in a Norfolk police cell
- 8 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 9 Inside the police operation that has led to 3000 arrests in Norfolk
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
'To be part of our troupe you not only have to be a strong singer and dancer, but you have to be prepared to work hard.
'We are very demanding, but we know that talented kids love to be pushed hard and so that is what we do.'
Established in 2001 West End Kids is a 20 - strong elite musical theatre song and dance troupe.
Based in Central London, the company provides a programme of on-the-job training; combining intensive weekend rehearsals with a busy performance schedule.
For more information about West End Kids visit: www.westendkids.co.uk
Do you have a story? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01502 525820.